L'Essentielle is a route which condenses the most beautiful sites of the Bernese Jura, hence its name.
This course requires good physical preparation for those who wish to take up a challenge by covering a distance close to a marathon but in the middle of nature, with the height difference in addition. In particular, it will take trailers to the Mt-Soleil wind farm, to the Chassera branch via Combe-Grède and to the Anabaptists bridge.
Saturday, September 30, 2023
- The maximum time to reach the 1st aid station in Villeret is 3 hours (11:00).
- The maximum time to reach the second aid station in Chasseral is 5 hours (1:00 p.m.).
- The maximum time to reach the third aid station in Cortébert is 7 hours (3:00 p.m.).
- The maximum time to complete the entire route is 9 hours (5:00 p.m.).
3 full aid stations in Villeret, Chasseral and Cortébert.
CHF 55.- until July 31, 2023.
CHF 65.- until September 27, 2023.
CHF 75.- on site.
Saturday September 30, 2023 in Tramelan at the Marelle room between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. with your ID.
Briefing 5 minutes before departure, at 07:55.
A personal cup for refueling is required.
There are no cups on the aid stations.
- Water reserve, min 1l
- Adhesive elastic band for bandaging or strapping
- Waterproof jacket to withstand bad weather in the mountains
- Second layer (long sleeve sweater or sleeves)
- Small food reserve (bars, gels)
If you choose to take poles, you must have them throughout the race.