Saturday September 28 at 8:00 a.m.
The start will be given in Tramelan, behind the Marelle multipurpose hall.
- Max. time to reach the 1st supply point in Cortébert is 2 hours (10:00 a.m.).
- Max. time to reach the 2nd supply point at Place Centrale is 3 hours (11:00 a.m.).
- Max. time to reach the 3rd supply point in Chasseral is 5 hours (1:00 p.m.).
- Max. time to reach the 4th supply point at Mt-Crosin is 7.5 hours (3:30 p.m.).
- The entire route must be completed in max. 9 a.m. (5 p.m.).
By completing the race you will get 2 ITRA points
4 complete refreshments at Cortébert, Place Centrale, Chasseral and Mt-Crosin.
CHF 60.- from March 1 to 31, 2024.
CHF 70.- from 01.04 to 09.25.24.
CHF 80.- on site.
Saturday September 28, 2024 in Tramelan at the Salle de la Marelle between 5:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. with your identity document.
Briefing 5 minutes before departure, at 07:55.
- Water reserve, min 1l
- Adhesive elastic band for bandaging or strapping
- Waterproof jacket to withstand bad weather in the mountains
- Second layer (long sleeve sweater or sleeves)
- Small food reserve (bars, gels)
L'Essentielle is a route which condenses the most beautiful sites of the Bernese Jura, hence its name.
After a steep climb on the ridge, a steep and rapid descent to Cortébert which can leave traces. The path then takes you to Chasseral and its antenna to descend via the magnificent Combe-Grède via a technical path.
From St-Imier, go up the Col du Sergent to arrive at the Mt-Crosin wind farm and its welcome refueling. Last effort to finally reach Tramelan and the finish line.